We worked intensely with Xero and their accounting partners to build a best-in-class integration between Spritz and Xero. Once connected, all expenses will appear in Xero.
To connect Spritz and Xero head to the integrations page. Alternatively, click on your name (top right of the page) to bring up the profile menu, then select the Integrations menu item.
Step 1: Connect Xero & Spritz
- Click the Connect link next to Xero
- Click Connect to Xero and follow the process to allow Spritz to talk to Xero
Step 2: Map Spritz Categories to Expense Accounts in Xero
- Each expense in Spritz is assigned a category. This mapping determines what account the expense will be mapped to in Xero.
- Spritz automatically maps categories based on name and descriptions. Go through each category, and either map it to the appropriate Account, or delete the category if you don't expect to use it.
- Click on + New category to create any categories you expect to use with Spritz that don't already exist.
- Click on Save mapping to save
Step 3: Synchronization Options
- Review the options
- Enable Synchonization - whether to enable the synchronization between Xero & Spritz. When off, Spritz will not send expenses to Xero.
- Customer Contacts - whether your would like your customer contacts to be sent to Spritz as Clients. Changes in contact in Xero will be updated to Spritz.
- Full Automation - automatically Create and Pay Bills in Xero once the expenses have been submitted in Spritz. Leave unchecked if you would like to manually check expenses before finalizing in Xero
Spritz recommend leaving Full Automation unchecked until you are familiar with the integration and are happy everything is setup correctly.
- Spritz Wallet Account Code
- Enter a unique account code into the text box
- This Xero Account Code is used to create a new Spritz Wallet account (as a Current Asset account) in Xero. The account is used to pay off bills (expenses) in Xero. If the account doesn't exist, Spritz will create it for you.
- Click on Save settings to save
Step 4: Accounting Sync
- If you didn't select Full Automation in the Sync options tab, you need to manually send expenses to Xero.
- On the dashboard, you will now see a new dashboard panel, click the Sync now button to send any waiting transactions to Xero
How it works
- A Spritz card is used to make a purchase. This creates an expense in Spritz which is automatically assigned a Category (for example, Meals & Entertainment).
- The Spritz card holder will receive a notification of this purchase in their mobile app, and can adjust or add detail:
- Add any notes or teammates who were present
- Adjust the category
- Assign the expense to a Client (if the expense was billable)
- Take a photo of the receipt.
- Note: if the purchase was at a Square terminal, receipts can be automatically assigned to the expense without the need to take a photo.
- Submit the expense
- If the expense is not submitted it will be sent to Xero as a Draft Bill against a shared customer contact- not the real merchant.
- This gives visibility of the expense within Xero and allows the changes to expense in Spritz.
- Once the expense has been submitted, the expense will be updated in Xero to Approved and payment will be made from the Spritz Wallet current asset account.